Tabrez Ansari’s Wife Threatens Fast-unto-Death; Demands Post-Mortem Report

Tabrez Ansari’s wife Shaista Parveen along with her mother and uncle in Saraikela, Jamshedpur. — ANI

Caravan News

NEW DELHI — The widow of Tabrez Ansari, a mob-lynching victim of Jharkhand, has threatened on Monday to go on fast-unto-death if she was not supplied copies of the post-mortem report and reports by the team of doctors, who had treated her husband.

Shaista Parveen, wife of Tabrez, has asserted that the police had misrepresented facts about ‘the murder’ in the court and sought punishment under section 304 of IPC, instead of capital punishment under section 302 of IPC. Family members of Tabrez had sought these key documents on August 30, but the reports were not supplied to them.

Ms Parveen along with her husband’s uncle Md Mansoor Alam met Seraikela-Kharsawan Deputy Commissioner Anjaneyulu Dodde demanding a copy of the post-mortem report. She also met Seraikela-Kharsawan Superintendent of Police Karthik. S and sought key records.

“My husband died due to mob attack by residents of Dhatkidih village and negligence on part of police and doctors during his treatment at Seraikela district headquarters hospital on June 22,” Ms. Parveen asserted in her memorandum submitted to the district’s top two officials. “I need a copy of autopsy reports as well as medical records for my next course of action,” she added, The Hindu reports.

Mansoor Alam said, “We suspect that there is concerted effort to weaken the case and let off the culprits. Even today, we were not given any records and asked to collect those from court,” adding that “Wwe are committed to take the case to its logical end.”

Tabrez’s wife wanted to know the names of the doctors and their line of treatment during admission of her husband in Seraikela district headquarters hospital and Seraikela jail. She had earlier demanded a CBI probe alleging that proper investigation had not been conducted in the case.

Tabrez Ansari, who was married to Shaista Parveen on April 27, was beaten up by a mob for a whole night and was forced to chant ‘Jai Hanuman’ and ‘Jai Sriram’ on June 17.

On June 22, Tabrez succumbed to injuries, while in judicial custody.

Murder charges against 11 accused were dropped by the Seraikela police citing post mortem report that says he died of cardiac arrest and due to stress and not because of injuries.

(With media inputs)


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here